The Long Carrots are doing well and are up to 1.5" tall.
I have now banked them up to the first two leaves.
I have also removed the polythene permanently now, leaving just the layer of fleece. This will remain like this unless there is a hard frost predicted.
Today I also managed to make a start on the frame, which will sit over the roots. The main frame is completed and I have left to do is put up the enviro-mesh cover.
I was thinking of putting a polycarbonate or even simply polythene covering on the roof, but decided I would try it first with the open air and just the covering of enviro-mesh to prevent the insects such as Carrot Fly from getting in.